Sunday 22 May 2011

Bird Rich, Battery Poor

Sunday and I've just arrived at the office, streaming Britain's Secret Seas: The Wild North, via BBC iPlayer, whilst I sort some references. They're checking out the Gannet colony at Bass Rock. So I thought I'd share two photo's from this morning's walk two wonderful birds that had flown up the Clyde Sea from Aisla Craig. Terrible weather today unfortunately, and the camera battery was dead before I was a third of the way around the island. The birds were showing well however and I ended up with great views of Whitethroat, Willow Warbler, Goosander, Turnstone, Bullfinch, Swift, Swallow Sand and House Martins as well as the regular waders and gulls. Starting out at 8 before the first ferry gave me a jump on the tourists too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment