Saturday 24 March 2012

Say hello to Lochwinnoch's latest shop-girl!

That's right folks, twice a month I'll be shipping my ass off the island to spend a shift chatting to people and serving them coffee in the RSPB's lovely Lochwinnoch Nature Reserve!

I spent the sunny part of Saturday there, chasing treecreepers in the shade.... go me... (the results are below) I also got lovely views (but awful shots) of the male Smew that has been hanging around for the past month, and saw my nemeses, the long-tailed tits, building a snug looking nest.

I can't wait to have an excuse to roll over to the reserve more frequently. Expect numerous pictures soon!

Not so cryptic now, are we?!

I love treecreepers white little bellies, so in contrast with their mottled upper.

This picture is for Kathy, who has been blue.

1 comment: