Friday 7 December 2018

One day birding in Arrecife.

As usual, I headed off to Lanzarote intent on getting in some birding alongside the workshops and talks of MICRO2018. But, yet again, it wasn't to be. I only managed around a 2-hour stroll along the front at Arrecife, staring longingly at the distant gulls and up at the surprisingly green slopes. My one day off, a particularly lovely Thursday, was spent marking. You're welcome, students.


However, that two hours did give me sandwich terns, whimbrel, ringed plover, grey plover, yellow-legged gull and both little and cattle egret, as well as Spanish sparrows and ring-neck parakeets in town. Considering the price of the flights and my accommodation, I may have to head back soon, especially with Houbara Bustard, Spectacled Warbler, Trumpeter Finch, Cream Coloured Courser and Andouin's gull on offer....


Cattle Egret at the bus station

Spanish sparrows at the dog park

Grey plover near the harbour


No comments:

Post a Comment