Tuesday 6 May 2014

"Starting" early.

This morning I actually woke up with my alarm, got up and dressed, and left the house. Why? because I'd had a number of reports of a black redstart hanging around the station. Of course, when I got there it wasn't. So I set off in search of divers, heading out to Fintry and White bay.... nothing doing again, although I did catch this beauty of a wheatear in the only bit of sun on the island, and plenty of warblers in the scrub. 


Wheatear at the Hush Hush

9 30 was time for morning coffee at Phil's, then a text form Bryony to let me know that her parents wanted to take a drive and try and scope out some birds - so off I went again. Still not much moving, but a grasshopper warbler was reeling at the targets. At 12 15 we'd given up.

We headed back to the FSC centre to drop the guys off for their lunch - with me intending to have another snoop round for the illusive redstart. Well it must of been waiting, as it flashed across the car park right in front of us as we drew in. Posing for a few pictures on Tom's tow hitch before vanishing of into the trees.

Reappeared not 5 minutes later when I nipped back with Sean, and appears to be feeding well. It'll hopefully stay around for a few more days.


Best bird I've had on the Island - and a real poser.


No comments:

Post a Comment