Sunday 28 September 2014

On the road again...

Urgh. In the past fortnight I have travelled approximately 1900 miles. From Millport to Shropshire, to Nottingham, to Yorkshire, to Orkney, and back to Millport. I saw some birds. Here are some of my favourites.

Great white egrets, little stint and ruff in Lincolnshire.

2 of 3 Great Egrets

Pintail

Ruff and a pair of Little Stint

Yorkshire for migrating rb, spotted and pied flycatchers, goshawk. I was also the only person on the east coast not to see a barred warbler - although there were garden warblers, lesser whitethroat and black caps in abundance and all the greylag geese (seriously, are there any left anywhere else). And despite also being in the area last week  - I did not go to see the masked shrike.

Garden Warbler

Goshawk

RB Fly

Spotted Fly


And then I went to Orkney. For six hours. For an interview. At which I was NOT successful. Then I slept and drove 7 hours home. Again (three times now) passing the snowy owl, because the winds on Ben Mcdui were gusting 60mph. Not fair.


Most of the Orkney action was on the ferry

I swapped greylags for fulmars - all the fulmars

My favourite corvids :)

So now I'm all out of mileage, I'm not leaving the island for a month. Natalie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment