Sunday 5 June 2011

Cumbrae Beach Clean!

So I'm studying marine plastic pollution and I live on an island. So to avoid being a hypocrite I hauled my hungover self out of bed last Saturday, rang Rachel and her sister and headed off to Millport pier. We were handed bin liners, grabbers, gloves and tabbards and released onto the beaches of Cumbrae. Here's some of what we found.

Our fashionable tabbards, aren't they gorgeous!?

It's hard to pick up cotton-bud sticks with giant tweezers (morning after the night before vision aside)!

Definitely not rubbish and certainly not for touching, a lovely Lions Main Jellyfish!

Both Rach and I were impressed with the masses of rope!
Next time you get a chance to do a litter pick or a beach clean, please do. We loved the look of our wonderful clean beach. Think how much nicer your park or reserve would look too!

No comments:

Post a Comment